For Men: Do you struggle with figuring out what to buy your wife or girlfriend for such an important, romantic holiday as Valentine’s Day? There are the usual stand-bys, like flowers, candy, and cards, but jewelry carries an even more special value she can carry with her forever. Jewelry keeps its luster long after the flower and chocolates are gone. Here are some tips for your jewelry shopping:
- Observe what she wears, what colors, types, etc. Does she lean toward simple and elegant or bold and flamboyant? If she owns only one bracelet, buy her a nice bracelet! It shows you pay attention to what she has and put a lot of thought into her gift.
- Speak to the sales staff! You are not alone if you struggle with jewelry shopping; we here at D. Cole enjoy taking our time to help you find that perfect gift.
- Decide whether you want to buy a piece that will complement her existing collection, such as a garnet pair of earrings since she has a necklace and bracelet, OR consider something different than what she already has, a different color, a gold piece, etc. Aim for those special pieces as opposed to those everyday pieces she might buy for herself.
- Hearts – you cannot go wrong with hearts on Valentine’s Day. If she has a Pandora bracelet, there are many heart beads to choose from, including the “I Love You” bead.
For Women: I know, typically you don’t think of buying jewelry for your guy, it seems a little backwards. But we have some unique ideas for you!
- Custom design is a steadily growing trend, have something made that would be meaningful to him
- Cufflinks, money clips, key chains, rings….yes, we have a men’s case!
- Pandora has come out with leather bracelets that men have been wearing, they come in 5 colors and they look really nice! They can choose to put beads on it or not, it looks great either way.
Bottom line: Don’t stress and don’t put it off! Come in to D. Cole Jewelers and we’ll help you find that perfect Valentine’s Day gift. We’ll even gift bag it for you with a cute little bow!